The SnailArmor Panel is a flat tailgate panel, and a great addition to your overland build. It’s perfect for any camping adventure or tailgate workspace!
Why Should You Buy a Flat Tailgate Panel?
I just bought my 2022 Tacoma Off-Road, and the most annoying part about the truck for me is the wavy, uncomfortable tailgate. The ridges hurt your butt to sit on, you have to try and balance camp stoves, there’s no where to easily set drinks down without them spilling, and they are hard to clean!
The tailgate is one of the most utilized pieces of the truck, but the standard panel is flawed and out of date.
SnailArmor fixes that by offering a totally flat panel.
Why Choose SnailArmor?
- It’s the flattest tailgate on the market!
- Makes for a flat work surface
- Creates a table for camp cooking or setting your drink onto
- Countersunk screws as a replacement for the button heads for the ultimate flat feature (hardware included)
- Specifically designed for each model
- Yes, 2nd and 3rd Gen tailgates are different! Make sure you order the correct Gen
- Cutout on the plate for 2nd Gen Tacoma allows the plate to sit lower than competitor plates
- Prevents from slipping on grooves when jumping into the bed
- Cutouts around the area where the tailgate raises, so there are no gaps, allowing the panel to sit flat against the tailgate
- Personalize your SnailArmor Flat Tailgate with custom laser etching
- T30 Torx bit supplied
- Free shipping to the Continental United States
Weight: The SnailArmor Flat Tailgate is 9.70 lbs and the Stock Tailgate Panel: 6.94 Lbs. While it is slightly heavier, it is well worth the weight!
Here’s what my tailgate looked like prior to the modification. Typical truck bed with the OEM (standard) panel. Ouch!
Even Charlie didn’t like it for his paws! This old man needs something way more comfortable to walk on.
It’s super easy to install the SnailArmor tailgate panel. First take out all the screws. Then, pull out the original panel.
Next, slide the SnailArmor panel in, and put the front (closest to you) screws back in. Next, replace the back (further screws) screws with the ones provided on your kit. They screws they provide are flat, so that you get a completely flat panel.
Don’t forget to add on the cup holder in your purchase, and screw that in wherever you would like!
Sooo much better that the standard panel!
Way more comfortable for hanging out! Can’t wait to cook on here too.
Check out my video of the install!